Possible Causes for SRS Code Ford B0050
Like many other safety systems, the supplemental restraint system can be very finicky, and rightfully so. When it comes to safety, even a second can save a life. It’s crucial to have your SRS up and running at all times.
- Faulty seat belt
- Faulty pretensioner
- Electrical issue with seat belt or pretensioner
- Code stored in the SRS airbag module
What’s Causing SRS Code Ford B0050 and How to Fix SRS Code Ford B0050
- Using a multimeter, check the ohms on the seatbelt. The multimeter should read between 2-3ohms. Learn more
- Using a multimeter, check the ohms on the pretensioner. The multimeter should read between 2-3ohms. Learn more
- Check the seat belt and wiring harness. Look out for broken, bent, pushed or corroded connector’s pins.
Lastly, if your seat belt checks out, the SRS module will likely need to be reset. Learn more
Cost to Repair SRS Code Ford B0050
The cost to fix SRS Code Ford B0050 can vary depending on what needs to be repaired or reset. Give Safety Restore a call to find out exactly what service(s) you’ll need.
Warning with SRS Code Ford B0050
While working with any SRS components, please make sure that the battery is disconnected. Failure to do so can cause an airbag deployment.