The Pre-collision system warning light means that there is something wrong with Pre-Collision System (PCS) and is recommended to get the vehicle inspected right away.
The PCS light is found in Toyota vehicles and can cause issues like:
- Brakes not working.
- Not able to go past a certain speed.
- Brakes randomly applying itself and more.
All these issues will not allow the vehicle to work properly and driving can possibly cause an accident.
Can I Drive with the Pre-Collision System (PCS) light on?
When the Pre-Collision System warning pops up on the dash, you should immediately inspect the vehicle or get it inspected by your dealer.
The safety features for the PCS will not function properly and may not work in preventing an accident.
Why is the pre-collision system malfunction warning light on the dashboard?
There are a lot of things connected to the Pre-Collision system, this list shows some common issues and should help narrow down whats causing that light to go on.
- Radar and sensors covered by; Snow, dirt, mud, and dust.
- Loose, damaged, corroded, or chewed cables/wires. Can be caused by rats, or other rodents biting the cables and wires.
- Dark tint on windshield can cause issues with the sensors.
- Heavy rain drops or falling snow can trigger the PCS.
- Installing a hitch for the vehicle may interfere with sensor.
Most of the warning lights will give off a description which will help on solving whats causing the PCS light to go off.
What is the Pre-Collision System?
The Pre-Collision (PCS) has safety features that help detect and prevent an accident, or collision.
- Front Facing Camera
- Invisible Laser
The laser and the front facing camera works by detecting objects and will alert the driver of anything in your path.
Pre-Collision System (PCS) and Supplemental Restraint System (SRS).
If you have a Pre-Collision System malfunction after an accident, resetting the airbag module will not solve your issues for the PCS, since the Pre-Collision System (PCS) Is not connected to the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS).