The occupancy sensor is connected to the SRS system and it’s purpose is to detect if someone is sitting on the seat.
Do I have to replace the occupant seat sensor after an accident?
If the occupancy seat sensor is actually damaged then it will need to be repaired or replaced, Most of the time you are able to get the occupancy seat sensor recalibrated.
Where is the occupancy seat sensor located?
The occupancy seat sensor is usually located above the foam on the seat and under the seat cover.
Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC)
The Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) is the control unit that stores crash data after an accident. This Module is also known as:
- Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Module
- (RCM) Restraint Control Module
- (SDM) Sensing Diagnostic Module
- (SAS) Sophisticated Airbag Sensor
- (ACM) Airbag Control Module
- (ECU) Electronic Control Unit. (ECU) could also refer to the Engine Control Unit.
If If the airbag light is still on after repairing your vehicle, then most likely there are hard codes stored in the module and will need to be reset.